Importing your car into Spain, we make it easy for you
Many people who emigrate to Spain prefer to bring their own car and therefore have to import it into Spain. The bureaucratic hassle surrounding introducing the car into Spain can be quite disappointing, which often means you lose time and money.
We guide the entire process of importing your car to the Costa Blanca. We have many years of experience in this and for a small fee we can take care of these headaches for you.
How much does a car cost to import into Spain
There are a fair number of formalities to take care of and prices vary considerably depending on the vehicle model and its current value, whether it is new or second-hand and whether it is located inside or outside the EU. Indeed, the difference is that prices can vary by thousands of dollars, so it is worth taking the time to review the numbers.
Entering the costs of the car in Spain
• Legal translation into Spanish of the sales contract and other documents if these are in another language.
• Your transport and that of the vehicle.
• Technical vehicle inspection (TVI), mandatory even if the vehicle has recently undergone a technical inspection in the country of origin.
• Special tax on certain means of transport.
• VAT, model 3OO to 3O9 (if the car is from the EU). Stamp Duty (if the car is from the EU).
• Road tax.
• Registration tax – higher or lower depending on the emission levels of your vehicle. For emissions less than or equal to 12O / km CO2, the costs are O.
8 steps to register your car in Spain
Once your car is imported, we can easily arrange car insurance in Spain for you.
Med Expat Insurances, your partner with all services under one roof in your own language.
You can visit the office by appointment or contact us by e-mail without obligation. One of our employees will be happy to assist you with entering your car.
Note: The information provided has been compiled with the utmost care. Med Expat Insurances cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of this information.